Saturday, November 21, 2009

Clean oven...get hungry.


Yesterday I made my 3rd pumpkin cheesecake in 4 weeks. It is that good. I need to make another one next week and then I'll try my hand at another kind. I'm thinking chocolate with a Newman O's crust.

When I was putting the cheesecake in the oven, I was shocked to see how dirty the oven really was. It was nasty. Horrible. Ugh. I decided it needed to be cleaned and quickly.

One of my favorite features of my oven is the self cleaning capabilities. All I do is remove the oven racks, close the door and push the clean button and 3 hours later like magic my oven is clean. Okay, actually all the gunk on the bottom of the oven is burned into oblivion. But at least it looks nicer.

I have noticed one very odd thing, every time I clean the oven I get extremely hungry. In my mind I know the oven is empty but I want to eat. As soon as I hear the fan shut off, I sprint to the kitchen, fling open the oven door, checking to see if God dropped a Thanksgiving meal inside.

He didn't.

But now I'm hungry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment