Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mourning into Dancing

This morning I read Psalm 116.  I was in the throes of death Friday and Saturday so I could really relate, and after my day yesterday, I could REALLY relate!!

I love the LORD because He hears 
My voice and my 
supplications.
Because He has inclined
His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon
Him as long as I live.
The cords of death
encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol
came upon me;
I found distress and 
sorrow
Then I called upon the 
name of the LORD:
"O LORD I beseech You, 
save my life!"

Gracious is the LORD, and
righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The LORD preserves the 
simple;
I was brought low, and 
He save me.
Return to your rest, 
O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt 
bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my
soul from death, 
My eyes from tears, 
My feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the LORD
In the land of the living.
I believed when I said,,
"I am greatly afflicted."
I said in my alarm,
"All men are liars."

What shall I render to 
the Lord 
For all His benefits 
toward me?
I shall lift up the cup of 
salvation
And call upon the name
of the LORD.
I shall pay my vows to 
the LORD,
Oh may it be in the
presence of all His
people.
Precious in the sight of 
the LORD 
Is the death of His godly
ones.
O LORD, surely I am
Your servant,
I am Your servant, the 
son of Your handmaid,
You have loosed my
bonds
To You I shall offer a 
sacrifice of 
thanksgiving.
And call upon the name
of the LORD.
I shall pay my vows to 
the LORD, 
Oh may it be in the
presence of all his 
people,
In the courts of the 
LORD'S house,
In the midst of you,
O Jerusalem,
Praise the LORD

(from the nasb)

No comments:

Post a Comment