Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Winter. In May? Sheesh. Who turned on the air conditioner?  I woke this morning to a white world. Three hours later it is still snowing.

It wasn't that long ago, a few weeks at best and I was baffled by the need to mow my grass...in April. I can't think of a time I've had to do that. In fact we mowed it twice in April.

And this morning, this:
We have snow. 

But never fear. I also have coffee. While I was outside snapping pictures of the snow I was drinking my Starbucks brew.
My mug was given to me by a friend. He went to Atlanta on business and since I have a penchant for mugs, in fact I have started collecting mugs from all over.  Knowing I would dearly love to be able to go to Atlanta myself and just explore. Forget business. I love Gone With the Wind and would love to see Peach Tree Street for myself. I know it's a work of fiction but I'd love to see where Sherman marched. Knowing also I'll never make it there myself...probably. I begged, pleaded and handed over money to Dan and he brought me back this mug. I thought it fitting for today, since I'd love to be there right now.
Here's to snowy May days. And hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment