Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sing a song, any song...

but make sure it is a Song of Deliverance.

Okay I just made that little ditty up, but it fits today. I read a book by my friend, Marilynn Griffith. She is such a good author.

I was excited when this book came in the mail, so excited I hurriedly finished all the books I had to read so I dive right in.

This book is very different from the other books by Marilynn that I have read. I was a little taken aback. I believe this book follows Rhythms of Grace. A book I very much want to read.

Songs of Deliverance is about Zeely, a girl with a big heart and a big secret, Ron, Zeely's college boyfriend, Grace, Zeely's friend and Brian or Doc as he is called. These four characters grew up together and were all called back to their home town and the school they attended to help their former principal with the school.

Ron and Brian still love Zeely and Grace but the girls aren't sure they can or should give their hearts away. Will love win out? Will they both realize how much they are loved not only by Ron and Brian but God?

The books by Marilynn I have read previously were a light quick read. This book, while not being difficult to read was not at all like the other books. This book made me think. It made me see myself in a new light.

If you haven't read this book yet, I highly recommend it. In fact, while you're at it, why not start with Rhythms of Grace and move right in to Song Of Deliverance. You will not be disappointed. So go to your local Christian book store or click on the above links and order them through Amazon.com. You will be blessed.

1 comment: