Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I love books, I love Christmas books!


I don't care for dogs. But a book about a Christmas dog..oh yeah. That I like. I recently had the honor of reading Melody Carlson's book, The Christmas Dog.

What happens when you have no Christmas spirit, an obnoxious neighbor, and a step-granddaughter who moves in and a pesky dog? You have Betty Kowalski. Her husband passed away a number of years ago, but her best friend is still happily married and Betty finds it hard to NOT be jealous at Christmas time.

Then there is the new neighbor who lives right behind Betty. She and everyone else in the neighborhood are convinced he is up to no good and what is with the toilet in the back yard? A friend encourages Betty to be kind to the neighbor but Betty is too busy looking at the toilet to think of kindness. And there is the pesky mutt that keep showing up on her doorstep and she keeps returning to her neighbor.

Wanna know how it ends? Click the above link or go to your favorite Christian bookstore and get it. You might want to get a couple of copies, it would make a great Christmas gift.

I LOVED this book. I loved how easy it was to read. I loved loved LOVED losing myself in the pages. I became Betty. She lived in my neighborhood. In fact, Betty lived in my house. I found myself constantly looking out the door at my neighbor's back yard and was continually surprised to not find a toilet in the back yard.

The story is just delightful, truly a can't-put-this-book-down-story. You can read the first chapter below.

The Christmas Dog

(I received this book from Donna at Revell and division of Baker Publishing Group. The free book did not in any way, shape or form, influence my honest review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment