Friday, December 18, 2009

I should have known.

My dining room chairs are ugly. My dear man's family bought them 30 years ago and have never recovered them. I've been meaning to do that for months...and months and months and months and months.

Since his family is coming for Christmas I thought this was the perfect time to get it done. I had some fabric I wanted to use, it was curtains I no longer liked but the color is a great match for my walls. I bought a staple gun and staples for it.

Why don't staple guns come loaded with staples? When you buy a normal stapler it has staples and even comes with a whole box of staples. Anyway...

I found some cushioning I thought would work just fine. I started pulling off the old fabric, yanked out the old staples and put the new cushion on.

It was too small. Way too small. So I flipped the old cushion over and set to work with the fabric.

Did you know fabric can be too stretchy? It can. I found that out. The hard way. The fabric I have is indeed too stretchy. The new staples are too big.

So now I have to decide if I'm going to spend even more money getting non-too-stretchy-fabric or if I'll just wing it.

It seemed like such a good idea too.

No comments:

Post a Comment